The University of Pittsburgh at Titusville, a degree‐granting, regional campus of the University of Pittsburgh, provides students with a quality educational experience offered in a supportive environment conducive to learning, self‐discipline, and mutual respect. Pitt-Titusville combines the advantages of a small college with the resources of an internationally respected institution by:
- Offering an excellent undergraduate curriculum in the liberal arts and sciences and professional programs with an emphasis on personalized attention to students;
- Providing a full range of associate degrees that serve as entry level access to a variety of professions or as prerequisites to baccalaureate programs;
- Providing a point of access to the instructional and research facilities of the University of Pittsburgh for northwest Pennsylvania;
- Serving as an educational, cultural and economic resource for northwest Pennsylvania.
- Mutual Respect
The Pitt Promise: A Commitment to Civility
The University of Pittsburgh at Titusville is committed to the advancement of learning and service to society. This is best accomplished in an atmosphere of mutual respect and civility, self‐restraint, concern for others, and academic integrity. By choosing to join this community, I accept the obligation to live by these common values and commit myself to the following principles:
As a Pitt Student:
- I will embrace the concept of a civil community which abhors violence, theft and exploitation of others;
- I will commit myself to the pursuit of knowledge with personal integrity and academic honesty;
- I will respect the sanctity of the learning environment and avoid disruptive and deceitful behavior toward other members of the campus community;
- I will support a culture of diversity by respecting the rights of those who differ from myself;
- I will contribute to the development of a caring community where compassion for others and freedom of thought and expression are valued;
- I will honor, challenge and contribute to the scholarly heritage left by those who preceded me and work to leave this a better place for those who follow.
By endorsing these common principles, I accept a moral obligation to behave in ways that contribute to a civil campus environment and resolve to support this behavior in others. This commitment to civility is my promise to the University of Pittsburgh at Titusville and to its community of scholars. View the Pitt Promise in PDF format.
Voluntary System of Accountability
The Voluntary System of Accountability features information on the undergraduate student experience through a common web reporting template, the College Portrait. The VSA is a voluntary initiative for four-year public colleges and universities.
View the University of Pittsburgh at Titusville’s Voluntary Accountability Report.